- PhD summa cum laude and European mention, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain.
Title: “Water Distribution System Design using Agent Swarms Optimization” Advisors: Dr. Joaquín Izquierdo Sebastián and Dr. Rafael Pérez-García
Awarded with one of the UPV PhD 2011 Special Prizes Three Fellowship MAEC-AECI (2007-2010), given by the International Cooperation Agency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain
- Master in Hydraulic Engineering (with honors)and Specialist in “Urban Water Management”, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
- Graduate of hydraulic engineering (with honors), Polytechnic Higher Institute José Antonio Echeverría (CUJAE), Havana, Cuba
Jorge Brodermann Vignier Prize for the best graduated in hydraulic engineering in Cuba, 2002, given by the Cuban National Union for Architects and Civil Engineers.
Prize to the best academically graduated at CUJAE, 2002, Havana, Cuba
Advanced skills for water network modeling: from the concepts to the implementation in the practice. Deep knowledge of water distribution system operation, optimization and management. Large experience in programming and applying optimization methods and data analytics for solving hydraulic engineering problems. More than 5 years of teaching experience combined with more than 10 years in consulting of urban hydraulic.
Expert in designing and developing software solutions for solving problems where advanced mathematical, engineering and analytical skills are needed. Strong background in hydraulic engineering, multi-objective evolutionary optimization and intelligent data analysis.
- Frameworks and foundations: Windows Azure, Microsoft .Net Framework, Object-Oriented Programming, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, Windows Presentation Foundation, among others.
- Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Main development Tools: Visual Studio 2005-2019, Team Foundation Server 2010-2015
- Languages Spanish (mother tongue)
- English (fluent)
- German (fluent)
- French (A2)
- More than 90 publications since 2007 (considering books, conferences, congresses and journals), more than 1250 citations in published papers. Researchgate Index: 26.11
- One Gold Medal and One Bronze Medal obtained in the “Cuban National Olympiad of Knowledge” in computer programming between 1994 and 1996. Member of the Cuban National pre-selection to participate in the “International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI)” held in The Netherlands,1995.